The Shadow Children Series Review


    Just recently I read a series of books for younger audiences called The Shadow Children.  I was drawn to read these books because my fiancée bought the series off of amazon. He said that he had read the first four books of the series in middle school but was not allowed to read the last three books because they were a bit too dark. 

    Now I have always read a lot, I loved stories more then anything! Stories keep me at peace and bring me on adventures I would have never dreamed of! Due to my reading, my fiancée remembered these books and wanted to reread them in order to finally read the last three books of the series. Being an avid reader myself, I wanted to know why these books have my fiancée who never reads all excited. 

    It did not take me exceptionally long to read the series. Being as the series was for kids, the words were rather large and there were only about two hundred pages per book. The language was a lot simpler then I was used to. But that didn’t stop these books from having me on the edge of my seat the whole time!

    The thing I love the most about reading books meant for kids, is they are made to keep the short attention spans of children entertained. Thus, there is always action, things happening and twists going on in the story! Unlike books made for adults which seam to have a lot of “fluff” and not a lot of important things going on. 

    The series is in the distant future, a future where famines and droughts ruined the land scape and made food hard to come by. Due to the lack of food, the government decided they needed to act in order to make sure that the entire population did not starve. Their ultimate decision was to make a law that made having more then two children Illegal. 

    It fallows a group of children known as “Third Children” or “Shadow Children” as they try to gain back their rights! It is ultimately an extremely rewarding read, and a wonderful story. I personally did not like the last book as much, but that is only because I felt like there need to be more action. A big boss battle so to speak. 

    But in the end, I ended up really enjoying the series. My fiancée still hasn’t finished it, but I can’t wait until he does. I need to talk to someone about the ending and compare thoughts on the series. If anyone out there is reading this, please comment on this post to tell me what you think about the series and the ending. Please!

    This series has also made me want to start reading more books for younger audiences on top of books I am normally reading that are for adults. I feel like these books will give me well needed breaks from the seriousness of adult life! 

    I have recently started rereading my favorite books from childhood, the Warriors series. It is a large book series about cats living in the wild. They have their own government and politics and struggles. I have felt so happy being able to reread these amazing books!

    One of my friends is also an avid reader, but she never stopped reading books makes for younger audiences. She reads all of the Rick Riordan books that I also lived when I was younger. When I am done with the Warriors series I will definitely be getting into those books as well!

    You can expect a full review of both of each of the Warriors series as I read them and once, I start them, the Rick Riordan series as well. I am so excited to be starting this journey again, I feel like a child again!

Comments

Popular Posts