Being a Dungeon Master

    I have been a Dungeon Master going on almost 8 years now. I am not the best at what I do by any means, I am always still learning. But due to my experience people have asked me how to become a better Dungeon Master. Here is an article that helped me a lot, along with a YouTube Channel that is always a good place to go. 


Article I found Helpful: 

YouTube Channel: 
Critical Role is a YouTube show where a bunch of voice actors play Dungeons and Dragons. It is a good example to show you how players should act and how the Dungeon Master should explain things. Plus, if you need a D&D fix but your group is being unreasonable, Critical Role Helps! 


Fun Fact about Matt Mercer is he played Brynjolf in Skyrim! 

The only other tips I can give anyone who is just starting out is to read the books. All of the books that have to do with whatever game you are playing, read them cover to cover. You do not have to memorize them but at least read them. Also make sure, this is the most important part, have fun with it! make sure that you are having fun and your players are having fun! This is a game after all. 

Comments

Popular Posts